- This event has passed.
Public Talk on The New Education by Cathy Davidson
One of the CUNY Humanities Alliance Directors, Cathy Davidson, is about to release a new book, The New Education: How To Revolutionize the University To Prepare Students for a World in Flux (Basic Books). In line with all of her work, her book is dedicated to “advancing equity and innovation. Together.”
The New Education features:
- model educators and institutions designing inspiring new forms of teaching and research;
- analyses of the politics of soaring tuitions, defunding of public higher education, the testing-industrial complex, profiteering by too many in the edtech sector, and the demonizing of both students and their professors;
- a redefinition of digital literacy in a chapter “Against Technophobia” and another “Against Technophilia”;
- practical advice to students at any institution on how to get the most out of their college experience (NB: it should help anxious parents too);
- a toolkit for profs who want to turn any classroom into a more interactive, equitable, student-centered learning environment.
Location: The Graduate Center, room TBD