- Why does Rankine use second-person narration in Citizen?
- How does Rankine’s depiction of Serena Williams relate to the book’s broader engagement with themes of American racism?
- What effect does Rankine create by making a poem about the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina out of copy-and-pasted quotes from CNN?
- Why does Rankine repeat so many phrases, sometimes with small variations, in the poem “Stop and Frisk?”
- What does Rankine mean by the distinction between “invisibility” and “hypervisibility”?
Answer in the form of an “abstract”—that is, include both your answer to the question (ie., your thesis) and a quick summary of your reading of the text that supports your answer.