April 24th, 6:30-8:30pm
The Graduate Center, Room 9204
The Teaching and Learning Center, Futures Initiative, CUNY Humanities Alliance are co-sponsoring an event on teaching the humanities in community colleges today. Join us for a panel discussion with five faculty members—several of them Graduate Center alumnae—who will share their experiences teaching the humanities at CUNY’s community colleges. Panelists will offer brief presentations addressing a range of topics, and share practical advice for doctoral students looking to pursue community college teaching careers. Following the participants’ presentations, there will be an hour dedicated to Q&A and discussion with the audience.
- Leah Anderst, Assistant Professor of English, Queensborough Community College
- Ria Banerjee, Assistant Professor of English, Guttman Community College
- Prithi Kanakamedala, Assistant Professor of History, Bronx Community College
- Karen Miller, Professor of History, LaGuardia Community College
- Soniya Munshi, Assistant Professor of Sociology, Borough of Manhattan Community College