The LaGuardia Mellon Humanities Scholars, supported by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, offers LaGuardia students opportunities to connect with art, theater, music, literature, history and culture; a better understanding of careers within the Humanities; and skills to build pathways for academic and career success.
LaGuardia Mellon Humanities Scholars also receive:
- $1,000 stipend, divided into three payments
- Free tickets to a cultural enrichment activities
- Metro tickets to attend special events
LaGuardia Mellon Humanities Scholars are expected to:
- Attend biweekly workshops on Tuesday evenings during Fall I, Fall II and Spring I semesters
- Attend at least two cultural enrichment activities and write a short response
- Create an individual project relevant to your school or career
Apply at bit.ly/2017humanitiesscholarapp by May 15, 2017.
Unfortunately I could not participate in 2017-2018 program, so I was wandering if the program will be run again for 2018-2019 term.
I am interested to take part in such an academically beneficial and experience-full program.
Thanks for the response in advance
Hi Sukhrob, thanks for writing to ask. It looks like my reply did not go through before. I wanted to let you (and others) know that the applications will come out next month–most likely, in late April. Keep an eye out for more info on this website!